Mr. Jarvis practices corporate business litigation with an emphasis on employment, soft-Intellectual Property, trade secrets, breach of fiduciary duty, and tax litigation on behalf of small to medium sized companies, partnerships, and nonprofits. He handles counseling and litigation avoidance strategies, mediations, trials and appeals. Mr. Jarvis has argued 12 cases in the state and federal courts of appeal, and prior to joining the firm, specialized in appellate practice. Mr. Jarvis received his J.D. from Pepperdine University School of Law, where he served as managing editor of the law review and won various awards for appellate advocacy and academics. He externed for the Honorable Consuelo Marshall, Central District of California, and in the United States Justice Department, Civil Appeals, and United States Solicitor General, before clerking for the Honorable Alice M. Batchelder of the United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit. Mr. Jarvis spends the majority of his free time with his family, occasionally finding time for Kendo (Japanese fencing) and tennis. He grew up in Massachusetts and remains an avid Boston sports fan.
Mr. Jarvis received his Bachelor’s degree at Pepperdine University, Seaver College in 1995, and his Juris Doctorate from Pepperdine University School of Law in 2003 (Magna Cum Laude).
Mr. Jarvis has been admitted to the following courts: California, Massachusetts, Washington DC; United States District Court: Central District of California, District of Massachusetts; U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, 2d Circuit, 3d Circuit, 6th Circuit, 9th Circuit, DC Circuit, Federal Circuit; and the U.S. Supreme Court.
He is also a member of the following bar associations: Los Angeles County Bar Association: Appellate Courts Section; Tax Section; Former CJA Panel Member – First Circuit Court of Appeals; and Former Ninth Circuit Pro Bono Appellate Panel Member.
Nominations and Recognitions
Mr. Jarvis was voted a “Super Lawyer Rising Star” in 2013-2015.
Mr. Jarvis is the author of the following articles:
- Extraterritoriality in an Era of Globalization, ABA Judicial Division – Appellate Issues (Spring 2011).
- Avoiding Waiver at All Steps of Litigation, The Recorder (July 7, 2010)
- A Survey of California Furlough Lawsuits, State Docket Watch (Spring 2010)
- Pro Bono Appeals for New Lawyers, ABA Judicial Division – Appellate Issues (Fall 2008).
- Constitutional Constraints on the International Law-Making Power of the Federal Courts, 13 J. TRANSNAT’L L. & POL’Y 251 (Fall 2003).
- Comment, A New Paradigm for the Alien Tort Statute under Extraterritoriality and the Universality Principle, 30 PEPP. L. REV. 671 (Spring 2003).
Areas of Expertise
• Corporate Officer and Director Litigation
• Tax Malpractice
• Writs and Appeals
See how our expert team of attorneys can help
Give Us a Call