Jennifer Raphael Komsky
Ms. Komsky is an employment law and business specialist, serving as a reliable advisor to human resource professionals and business owners, providing ongoing counseling and guidance on company policies and personnel matters. Ms. Komsky regularly represents employers in all phases of litigation before State and Federal Courts as well as administrative agencies, including the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement, the Department of Fair Employment and Housing and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. She also conducts workplace investigations and provides training to individuals and large groups in areas of sexual harassment, discrimination, retaliation, employee classification, disability accommodation, and wage and hour compliance.
Ms. Komsky’s experience in all aspects of employment law covers virtually every industry, including non-profits and businesses ranging from small, family-run companies to nationwide and global corporations.
Ms. Komsky is a Los Angeles native, having been born and raised in the San Fernando Valley.
Ms. Komsky received her Juris Doctorate degree from the University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law in 1997. She attended the University of California at Santa Barbara where she obtained her Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology in 1994.
Ms. Komsky was admitted to the State Bar of California in 1997 and is admitted to practice in all districts in California for the United States District Courts and the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals. Ms. Komsky is a member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association. She is a member of the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO,) serves on the Personnel Committee for a local non-profit and is involved in fundraising for the Executives of the Los Angeles Jewish Home for the Aging.
- Wage & Hour Overview for California Employers
- Understanding the New Minimum Wage & Sick Leave Laws
- Onboarding Landmines for California Employers: How to Defuse New Hire Issues Before They Detonate
- The ABC’s of Leaves of Absence
- The Biggest Mistakes Made by Employers
- The Five Ws (and How) of Workplace Investigations
- Harassment Litigation Landmines
- Preparing the HR Professional for Deposition and Trial
- Marijuana in the Workplace: Clearing the Air
- How to Discipline and Terminate Employees Without Being Sued
- The Importance of Employee Handbooks and HR Audits
- Who’s the Boss? AB5 and Joint Employer Developments
- Navigating the Discrimination and Retaliation Maze: Learning How to Avoid Common Pitfalls with a Disabled
- COVID-19 Considerations for Employers
Areas of Expertise
• Employment Law Consultation
See how our expert team of attorneys can help
Give Us a Call